You are searching about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old, today we will share with you article about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old is useful to you.
Top 10 Vacation Spots in Arizona
Scenic desert drives, water sports, skiing, hiking, site seeing, professional sports and camping are just the tip of the iceberg of things to do in the great state of Arizona, which offers one of the most diverse landscapes in the United States. Picking the top 10 tourist attractions while vacationing in Arizona is very difficult, to say the least. When traveling through Arizona, buying a detailed map of the area you plan to visit is a must, as Arizona has many hidden gems in the desert.
Below is a list of the biggest attractions the state of Arizona has to offer. It is essential that you are prepared when planning a road trip through this beautiful state. The demands of American life don’t usually allow us a lot of annual vacations, you’re going to change a little while you’re there anyway. But if for some reason you have a few weeks to work, there’s no shortage of things to do on your travels through Arizona.
1. Grand Canyon National Park – The Grand Canyon speaks for itself; it is the pride and joy of Arizona. The Grand Canyon is located in the northwest part of the state. Carved by the Colorado River over millions of years. One of America’s natural wonders and premier national parks, it’s something you must see in your lifetime; it is also one of the seven wonders of the world. Rafting, hiking, and the footbridge on the West Rim are great starts…just to name a few. While in the Grand Canyon area, be sure to visit the reindeer farm west of Flagstaff.
2. Hoover Dam – Much more than just a pile of concrete, the sheer size of the Hoover Dam is impressive. Built in the 1930s, the Hoover Dam is located in northwestern Arizona and shares a border with Nevada. Named after former President Herbert Hoover, Hoover Dam was one of the greatest projects of its time. When visiting Hoover Dam, be sure to visit Lake Mead.
3. Sedona AZ- Located south of Flagstaff in Red Rock country is another of Arizona’s worst-kept secrets. Sedona is home to some of Arizona’s and Hollywood’s elite; Sharon Stone and Al Pacino have homes in Sedona, as does John Travolta. Sedona also has some of the most beautiful sunsets and scenic drives in the country. Numerous hiking and biking trails dominate the colorful landscape of red sandstone. Must-sees on your trip to Sedona include Solid Rock Church and Slide Rock Park. Kill an entire day sliding down natural rock formations. While in the Sedona area, be sure to check out Jerome and Prescott as well.
4. Monument Valley Park – Located in the northeast part of the state, Monument Valley is famous for the legendary battles between the Roadrunner and Wiley Coyote (Warner Brothers cartoons) and the desert scene popular in the “Vacation” movies by National Lampoon. Dominated by colorful plateaus and mesas, Monument Valley is in some ways the face of the Southwest. Monument Valley’s most popular landmarks are located in Navaho Tribal Park on the Utah border. While in the area, be sure to visit the Utah side of Monument Valley.
5. Lake Havasu, AZ – The city of Lake Havasu is home to London Bridge. Brought from England in the 1960s, the London Bridge put Lake Havasu on the map. The English village surrounding the bridge is just one of the sights you will find in this desert paradise. Water sports, lake tours, off-road driving, spring break, and sunset viewing, to name a few, are popular in this desert oasis. While in Lake Havasu City, be sure to visit Parker Dam, located about 30 miles south.
6. Lake Powell Arizona – Lake Powell is a man-made reservoir located in northern Arizona, sharing a border with Utah. Made famous for its “bathtub” ring around the lake and its beautiful moonscape, canyons and towering rock formations. Here, you will find that camping and renting a houseboat are also favorites among tourists. Rent a houseboat and lose yourself under the stars during your stay at Lake Powell Glen Canyon National Recreation Area.
7. Havasupai Falls – Havasupai Falls is simply one of Arizona’s most scenic travel spots. Located deep in the Grand Canyon, there are four sets of falls: Mooney Falls, Havasu Falls, Navajo Falls, and Beaver Falls. Blue-green water caused by high mineral content transforms the falls and its natural pools into a tropical lagoon-style setting. Most of us will have to hike to get there, although helicopter rides are available.
8. Painted Desert – Located near the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, the Painted Desert predates its name. Its multicolored landscape is breathtaking. Seeing the Painted Desert at sunrise is a must. The Painted Desert sits between the Grand Canyon and the Petrified Forest, so be sure to hit all three on your travels. Meteor Crater is also a must.
9. Tombstone, AZ – Nicknamed “The Town Too Tough To Die,” Tombstone is the most notorious of the Old West’s former mining towns. Made famous through combat at the OK Corral, with some of its legendary residents, Wyatt Earp and Doc Holladay, Tombstone’s story has been told in numerous books and movies. While in Tombstone, do yourself a favor and visit Saguaro National Park.
10. Oatman, AZ – Another former mining town that rarely gets the recognition it deserves is Oatman, Arizona. Located south of Bullhead City, Arizona is this former mining town. Its current population is about 100 inhabitants. This quaint town is all about novelty shops that cater to tourists. But its main attraction is the donkeys that roam the streets and the popular shootout shows. Most stores sell carrots to feed donkeys, which have no problem eating them straight from your hands. If you have kids and want a taste of the old west, Oatman is a must.
Video about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
You can see more content about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
If you have any questions about Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
Rate: 4-5 stars
Views: 6512489 9
Search keywords Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
way Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
tutorial Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old
Best Vacation Spots For 1 Year Old free
#Top #Vacation #Spots #Arizona